The best pandan cupcakes ever! Really easy to make and results in fluffy cupcakes that are perfect for eating as it is or for decorating with your choice of icing.
I have been searching through a lot of pandan cupcakes recipe and did not find one that was easy enough for me to bake until I found this amazing recipe.
This is not a pandan chiffon cupcake recipe. It is a regular easy to make pandan cupcake. The texture is light and fluffy but it is not so delicate as to make it difficult to handle. As such, it makes a perfect base for decorating with icing if you are so inclined. I just drizzled mine with a Gula Melaka Syrup.
The cupcakes are just as nice eaten plain. If you would like to fill them with Gula Melaka, you can definitely do that too. That’s what I like about these cupcakes, the cupcakes are so versatile you really can have them any way you like.
If you are eating the cupcakes plain or with some Gula Melaka syrup like mine, try heating them up a little before eating. It’s so delicious warm!
Recipe for Pandan Cupcakes with Gula Melaka Syrup
Recipe Adapted from BitterSweetSpicy
Ingredients for Pandan Cupcakes
200gm Self Raising Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
125gm Salted Butter (softened to room temperature)
½ tsp Vanilla Essence
2 Large Eggs (room temperature)
160gm Castor Sugar
75gm Coconut Milk mixed with 25gm Water
3 Tbsp Pandan Juice (10 Pandan Leaves chopped and blended with some water and strained. This can be made in advance and any leftovers can be refrigerated or frozen for future use.)
1. Preheat your oven to 180C. Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
2. Sift the self raising flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, add butter and cream until smooth. Add in the sugar gradually and continue beating until fluffy. Add in the vanilla essence followed by the eggs, adding one egg at a time. Mix well after each addition.
4. Now, fold in the sifted self raising flour and baking powder, alternating with the coconut milk mixture and pandan juice. Mix until just combined, do not over mix.
5. Fill your cupcake liners to ¾ full and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack before drizzling on the Gula Melaka syrup.
Ingredients for Gula Melaka Syrup
This can be made in advance.
50gm Gula Melaka
2 Pandan Leaves (knotted)
100ml water (approximate, add more water if mixture is too thick and decrease if too watery)
Combine all the ingredients in a pot and stir over medium heat until the sugar has melted. If it is too watery let it reduce slightly. Remove from heat and strain. The syrup will thicken when it has cooled, just dilute it with a little warm water before using.