These Nutella cream cheese brownies are so yummy and beautiful to look at, you just have to try it!
I realised that I had some tubs of cream cheese in the fridge the other day and I wanted to use it for some baking. Dear husband of mine loves brownies so I settled upon an easy peasy brownie recipe.
It combines cream cheese, dark chocolate, hazelnuts and Nutella. Are those all your favourite things? If they are, read on!
I baked this brownie in a tart pan, I got the idea from Confectionalism, you should check out Nicole’s site, her baked goods are delicious and she has loads of great ideas too! The tart pan makes the brownie look extra beautiful with the scalloped edges.
The brownie batter is poured into the tart tin. The cream cheese and Nutella mixture is then spooned on top of the brownie batter and swirled through for a pretty pattern and delicious combination. You can further decorate it with some fruits or serve it warm with some ice cream. Am I making you drool yet?
Nutella Cream Cheese Brownies
Prep Time: 20 minutes / Baking Time: 40 minutes / 8 servings
You will need a 9” removable base tart tin
Recipe adapted from Philadelphia’s website
For the Brownie Batter
125 gm Butter (cut into chunks)
125gm Dark Chocolate with hazelnuts (roughly chopped into chunks)
160gm Brown Sugar
50gm Plain Flour
50gm Cocoa Powder
¼ tsp Baking Powder
For the Cream Cheese Topping
200gm Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp Nutella
1. Butter and flour the tart tin. Place a piece of parchment on the base of the tin (for ease of removal). Finally, wrap the base of the tart tin with some foil to prevent any of the brownie batter from leaking out into your oven.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Meanwhile, place butter, dark chocolate and brown sugar into a pot on the stove and melt over medium-low heat, stirring to ensure that all the sugar dissolves. Once the butter and chocolate has melted, remove from heat.
3. Whisk in one egg at a time into the chocolate mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and add it into the chocolate mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined. Pour the brownie batter into the tart tin.
5. Finally, put the cream cheese in a bowl together with the Nutella. Whisk until creamy then spoon the cream cheese and Nutella mixture on top of the brownie batter. Smooth it out and use a knife to swirl the mixture together.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the brownie has baked and a skewer comes out clean.