|Peanut Butter Cookies|
Hello and happy Wednesday!
Do you know of a domestic goddess who has jar after jar of neatly arranged home baked cookies in her home? Well I always have a dream to be a domestic goddess such as that. I am a long way off but seeing that it is nearly the end of 2013, it is time to buck up and make those resolutions I made earlier this year come true.
As such, I am on a cookie baking mission. Peanut Butter is a favourite in my house, we are absolute peanut butter monsters! It is only logical for me to have a favourite peanut butter cookie recipe. These cookies are fantastically easy to bake. However, you may need some time to refrigerate the dough so do take that into account when planning your time. Taste wise, the cookies are like eating crunchy peanut butter with the toasted peanuts. The addition of oats also makes for a nice textural difference in the cookies. I used a 1.5" round cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. Don't worry about it being too neat.
Now, tell me, are you a perfect domestic goddess with jars of home baked cookies at home?
Recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep Time: 25 minutes / Refrigeration Time: Min 2 Hours / Baking Time: 15-17 minutes
You will need 2 baking sheets and a 1.5 inch cookie cutter
200gm Plain Flour
1.5 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
pinch of Salt
210gm Butter (softened)
90gm Creamy Peanut Butter
40gm unsalted peanuts (roasted and roughly chopped)
120gm Brown Sugar
1 medium Egg
1. Sieve flour, baking soda and baking powder together into a bowl. Add the salt, oats and chopped peanuts
2. In a mixing bowl, place the butter and peanut butter and mix until creamy and evenly combined. Add in the brown sugar and mix until the mixture is fluffy. Next, add the egg and mix until just combined, do not over mix it.
3. Now, divide the dry ingredients mixture and add into the butter and sugar mixture in 2 additions. Mix evenly on low speed after each addition to make sure the dry ingredients are evenly combined.
4. Take the cookie dough out of the mixing bowl and shape into a rough block, wrap with cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Meanwhile line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Once the cookie dough is firm, remove from the refrigerator and roll out into a 1/4 inch thick sheet. Cut out the cookies using the cookie cutter and arrange on the baking sheets. If the dough softens too much between rolls, do refrigerate it again to firm it back up.
6. Bake the cookies for 15-17 minutes until golden brown. Leave the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for about 10 minutes before removing them onto a cooling rack to cool completely.