|Sugar Raised Muffins|
Can you believe it's Friday already? Time to celebrate with some sugar I say!
I was absolutely craving for sugar raised donuts and had to stop myself from buying some. You know the kind of craving when you buy 5 donuts and have to eat them all in one sitting? Does that happen to you or am I the only one? I do have an incredible weakness for sugar raised donuts, I prefer them over the glazed ones and no, I haven't had a Cronut yet.
I thought it would make me feel less guilty if I at least make some myself. Even better if I didn't have to fry them. Which lead me to make these muffins - essentially simple muffins that taste like a sugared donut. Perfect!
The best part is that it takes minutes to make. It's also incredibly versatile, you can dust it off with vanilla or cinnamon sugar or even fill it with some jam. I think I make fill it with some blackberry curd next time I make these.
Most importantly - does it satisfy the craving for sugary donuts? Oh yes, you can count on it!
|Fluffy on the inside|
adapted from Stylish Cuisine
Prep Time 10 minutes/ Baking Time 30 minutes/ Yields 8 Muffins
120gm Castor Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
To dust the baked muffins
Some butter (approz 1/2 Tbsp)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 Celsius. Brush a muffin tin with some butter.
2. Sieve your Flour and baking powder together.
3. Next, put your Egg and Sugar into a bowl and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Add in the Vanilla Essence.
4. Then, alternate between adding the Flour, Milk and Oil. Divide each ingredient into 3 parts and do mix in each addition evenly.
5. Once you have a nice smooth batter, spoon the batter into your muffin pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes and remove. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then brush each muffin with a little butter and roll into the Sugar.