|Fragrant Oatmeal Prawns|
Happy Wednesday to you. I am very excited to share today's recipe of Fragrant Oatmeal Prawns with you. I just made it and I am absolutely trying to complete this post quickly so that you may have the recipe. It is one of the best tasting seafood dishes I have had! Seriously, it's so good that I cannot emphasise enough how you must try it for yourself.
Preparation is extremely simple and quick. The prawns are dusted with cornflour and fried to make them crunchy. Then it is mixed in with crispy egg yolk bits, oats and seasoned with curry leaves and some chilli. Amazing! It looks really good too, definitely a restaurant worthy dish. Make this and your family and friends will be thoroughly impressed.
I had to stop myself from eating all of it so that I could take some photos.
Try it and don't forget to tell me what you think!
Recipe for Fragrant Oatmeal Prawns
Prep Time 5 minutes / Cook Time 10 Minutes / Serves 2
Ingredients 200gm Large Prawns [Note: You can leave the shells on if you
1 Egg Yolk (whisked)
1 stalk Curry Leaves (leaves only)
2 Tbsp Oats
1/2 Red Chilli (chopped finely)
3 Tbsp Skimmed Milk
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Pepper
3 Tbsp Oil
1 1/2 Tbsp Cornflour (to dust the Prawns in)
2 sprigs each of Flat Leaf Parsley & Chives for garnishing (chopped finely)
1. Rinse Prawns and remove shells. Season with some salt and pepper and dust with the Cornflour.
2. Heat the oil a deep pot or wok and fry the Prawns on high heat. This should be fairly quick, once the Prawns start to colour and crisp up remove from the heat and set aside on some paper towels.
3. With the remaining oil still in the pot, pour in the Egg Yolk and stir it quickly to form thin strands. This Egg Yolk bits will help add crunch and flavour to the dish. Once browned and crunchy (but not burnt) remove the Egg Yolk bits and set aside.
4. There should still be enough oil left in the pot. Quickly add in Curry Leaves and Oats. Stir briskly on high heat and quickly add in the Chilli and seasoning.
5. Next, add the cooked Prawns and Milk in, continue to fry briskly. Lastly, add in the Egg Yolk bits and toss until prawns are evenly coated.
6. Remove and garnish with the Parsley and Chives.
|Want a bite?|